Welcome to the Pilots and Petards Podcast! This is the podcast with nothing much ado about aircrafts, and potentially everything ado with first episodes of a filmic series. Join Mo, Drew, and Jimbo with special guest hoister and abstract artist AC as they cast judgement and determine if ABC hit sitcom Black-ish will be hoisted, or not hoisted: that is the question!
Follow the blog so you can contribute to the pre-recording discussions. Subscribe on your local podcast app or itunes. Pilots and Petards are also on twitter, instagram, and facebook.
- “I’m not Black, I’m Kanye” (article) by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- INCLUSION or INVISIBILITY? Comprehensive Annenberg Report on Diversity in Entertainment (research study)
- American (novel) by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Anything Anthony Anderson (actor)
- Clipping (hip hop group)
- Fresh Off the Boat (sitcom)
- Ali Wong’s Baby Cobra (stand up)
- Jennifer Lewis interview on Another Round
Next Week: The Punisher “3AM” with Jacob and Dane from the Punisher: Body Count Podcast
Thank you Dean M for the review and choosing a pilot that makes a serious run for the quest for the best pilot ever.
Pilots and Petards official closing music is an instrumental Entheos remix of Alive. Intro and outro music was music mixed by Jake Drew.
Shop Talk: That lost episode #1.