Justified “Fire in the Hole”
Pilots and Petards is about pilots of TV and streaming. This is a spoiler free analysis and evaluation for the series Justified’s pilot “Fire in the Hole.” Join us for the extended discussion in a few days. You can learn more about Pilots and Petards format here. Please leave us an itunes review. Follow our special guest Ari on instagram.
[2:35] Justified Background
[3:53] Two Sentence Summary
Spoiler Free Part 1
[4:15] Highs, Lows, and in Betweens
[10:25] Watch or Rewatch
[10:50] Hoist or Not to Hoist
[11:35] Click the link to see where Justified “Fire in the Hole” ranks in The Quest for the Best & Worst Pilots Ever.
[12:10] Petardar: (recommendations based on today’s viewing and conversation)
- Ant Man and Wasp (film)
- G.I. Joe Retaliation (film)
- The Shield (tv series)
- Tomb Raider (film)
- “Ballad in A” by Cathy Park Hong (poem)
- Fire in the Hole by Elmore Leonard (Short Story)
- True Detective (tv)series0
- Elmore Leonard Interview on Writing (youtub)
- Black KKKlansman (film)
- Mafia 3 (video game)
Find us on the following:
- Check out Liz’s other podcast on GoT call Competitions of Chairs
- Read Liz’s reviews of video games, comics, movies, and TV at But Why Tho?
- Intro and outro music was mixed by Jake Drew contact him for beats or music for your podcast or musical career.
- Join in on Jimbo’s blog to read a poem everyday for 2019
Help wanted: looking for a volunteer to transcribe our This Close episode for deaf and hard of hearing audiences. Leave a comment or send us a message to join the team!
If you notice show notes without the times for the different sections, and you’d like to help. Leave a comment with the section times and we will update the notes!
Would anyone like to become a part of the team as the audio editor? Contact Jimbo for free lessons and a description of the position.