Cheers’ pilot episode “Give Me a Ring Sometime”
Welcome to the Pilots and Petards Podcast! This is the podcast with nothing much ado about aircrafts, but potentially everything ado with first episodes of a filmic series. Join Drew, Mo, and Jimbo with special guest Jacke Wilson from The History of Literature Podcast. Tune in as they cast judgment and determine if the iconic workplace/bar sitcom Cheers will be hoisted, or not hoisted: that is the question!
- Petard = bomb
- Hoist a pilot = bad episode
- Not hoist a pilot = good episode
Follow the blog so you can contribute to the pre-recording discussions.
Check out the Quest for the best and worst pilots ever to see how Cheers stacks up against the best and worst pilots ever.
- The Good Place
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Bill Swerski’s Superfans
- Frasier: “The Show Where Diane Comes Back“
- Cheers: Harry The Hat’s “Pick a Con… Any Con;” Andy Andy’s “Diane’s Perfect Date” and “Homicidal Ham.;” or when Sam reads War and Peace in “Sumner’s Return.”
Next Week: Episode #36: Killing Eve’s pilot “Nice Face” with special guest Victor from the Digging Dexter Podcast
Plugs: Listen to Jacke Wilson’s newest episode on George Sand, who’s not a man, or read one of his books. Follow Drew’s Get Off Lawn super hero movies review at But Why Tho. Intro and outro music was mixed by Jake Drew. Find us on the following:
*We are always looking for artists to cross promote, contact us.*