Welcome to the Pilots and Petards Podcast! This is the podcast with nothing much ado about aircrafts, and potentially everything ado with first episodes of a filmic series. Join Drew, Mo, and Jimbo as they cast judgement and determine if the groundbreaking Gay/Trans 1980’s period drama Pose, will be hoisted, or not hoisted: that is the question!
- Petard = bomb
- Hoist a pilot = bad episode
- Not hoist a pilot = good episode
We would like to thank Honest Jon for sponsoring this episode and keeping our podcast ad free.
- Episode #41 Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Episode #42 This Close
- Episode #43 Handmaid’s Tale
- 24 Sep 2018: Episode #44 Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- 1 Oct 2018: Episode #45 Pose
- 8 Oct 2018: Episode #46 Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Find us on the following:
Dangling Threads Interview will be published as a separate part 2 for Episode 45 Pose.
Petardar: (recommendations for listeners based on pilot viewing experience)
- The glee project
- And the Band Played On (with a couple exceptions)
- Paris Burning
- MiddleSex (novel)
- Galileo’s Middle Finger by Alice Dreger
- The Man Who Wasn’t There: Investigations into the Strange New Science of the Self
- The Gender Spectrum (TED Talks Playlist)
Petard Trivia: 2 question practice for Mo’s big match!
Shop Talk: Moz 15 Wedding Talk! Mo gets a new qualifier…
Plugs: Read Drew’s GET OFF MY LAWN: Constantine (2005) super hero movie reviews at But Why Tho. Intro and outro music was mixed by Jake Drew contact him for beats or music for your podcast or musical career.
Help wanted: looking for a volunteer to transcribe our podcast for deaf and hard of hearing audiences.